Our condominium is currently having its siding replaced.
Two-weeks ago they replaced the board on which our DirecTv dish is mounted. Not surprisingly, in the unmounting and remounting process it was no longer properly aligned. It took us several days to notice because we were watching local TV or Tivo programs.
Last weekend I tried to align it, but I didn't have a compass -- and I wasn't able to get it fixed.
I called DirecTV and found out we get one free technician visit a year, so I made an appointment for next Friday.
During the week Thing2 found a compass and today we gave it another shot. With Thing2 helping by calling-out the signal strength I was able to find the right angle. It's a great feeling of accomplishment when we can successfully tackle these little projects together.
The image is of the Stanford dish.