So I don't forget -- here are the posts I would have written, and may still write, if I ever get the time:
- I now understand some people's obsession with their lawns. I have discovered a similar obsession with my pool. It's just a small pool, but I love caring for it and tinkering with all things poolish. I was in heaven on Sunday, troubleshooting the sweeper.
- We have accidentally 'stolen' two of our neighbors' three cats. (The third one is half-wild and I don't think anyone can steal it.) The two cats have moved-in with us voluntarily, after we had to put down our girl kitty in May after a long illness.
- Mom has had one small heart attack and two small heart 'events' in the last 10 days. On the small ones, the tests showed an amount of heart damage below the threshold they consider a heart attack, but enough to make them keep her in the hospital over night.
- Some fabulous, unforgettable audio books. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron, Bossypants by Tina Fey, Where is the Mango Princess by Cathy Crimmins.
- We've discovered that Thing2 has a moderate traumatic brain injury from her car accident. It's been an eye-opening revelation. Some of her biggest impairments are social. 'Mango Princess' is about a brain injury and its impact on a family.
- Despite the fact that I love my work, and my job - we are now living in a place where there are so many fun things I want to do - sailing, kayaking, swimming, frisbee, hackysack, kite flying - I can now imagine giving up work one day.