Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Coconut Curry Chicken -- definitely a keeper

I cooked the rest of the chicken tonight, using the mustard, curry, ginger, garlic mixture that had been sitting in the refrigerator for 2-days. One other change to the recipe -- instead of using sherry when I put the chicken into the oven, I used coconut milk. The chicken turned-out terrific! It was tender and tasty... I could not have asked for a better outcome. Of course it helped that I started-out with 'air-chilled' chicken, which is much more tender and tasty than conventional chicken. What's 'air-chilled' chicken you ask? It's a process where the bird is sprayed with disinfectant and then chilled, instead of being dunked in chlorinated water. It is more effective at disinfecting the chicken, and widely used in Europe and Asia. And it also leads to better tasting chicken and crispier skin when it is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment